Monday, April 19, 2010

Olivia's Corner - A Day at the Zoo

Today we spent the whole day at the Zoo. And no we are not back home, that is more of a Circus with lots of clowns. We went to the Guangzhou, China Safari Park and spent all day looking at the animals. It is the biggest Zoo that I have every seen, much bigger than the ones in Birmingham or Atlanta. We started off with a ride on a train through the animal habitat. Many of the animals would come right up to the train but the more dangerous ones could not get by the electric fence.
 
After the train ride we went on a walking tour of the rest of the park. We saw many animals. We saw lots of bears, tigers, white tigers, zebras, giraffes, Yaks, hippos, birds and lots of monkeys. In the young part of the zoo, you can walk right up to baby animals and even feed some of them. I fed a big giraffe but didn't get any closer than I had too. He ate a lot and I didn't want him to throw up on me. By the way, with that long neck, how long does it take for a giraffe to throw up?
 
We also saw a live panda bear show. They have 18 pandas on display and they are my favorite. I also saw my brothers at the monkey cage.
 
Here are some pictures that I took for my class. I miss MRS. BRASHER and the class! I can't wait to come home and get a hug. Love, Olivia 

No comments:

Post a Comment