Monday, February 1, 2010

Joy to the World

Allow me to introduce myself. I am Joy, mother of four wonderful young people (soon to be five) and wife to my amazing husband, Coy! Yes, I’m not kidding we really are named Coy & Joy!

I am an Artist and Writer that loves to create EVERYTHING! My mind is involved in the “NEXT PROJECT” at all times.

Last night I could not sleep pondering over the plans I have for the girls, Olivia & Rachel’s, tree house. At 2:00 a.m. I figured out how to supply power to the crystal chandelier that will proudly hang in their hot pink tea room amongst the gentle breeze and honeysuckle.

I visited a Children’s Boutique this morning to purchase matching outfits for our girls and my heart sank when I saw the $72.00 price tag. That’s $ 144.00 plus tax for just two outfits! Soooo I purchased two $3.00 shirts, two $5.00 leggings, $ 7.00 of ribbon and two appliqués of poodles and TAH DAHHH!!! Two outfits for $23.00!
I love it when a plan comes together.

I find that lately I can’t work fast enough to get ready for sweet little Rachel Lian to come home. I want everything to be finished and waiting for her when we return from China so that I can devote all attention to her needs as she adapts to her new home and family.

Coy has done an amazing job preparing all the paper work and following up on the adoption process. I don’t see how he found the time to develop this blog! That is just how he is, always taking care of business.

Our family is like a puzzle that God keeps fitting all the pieces together until we are completed. Coy has shared with you earlier that we have suffered many miscarriages. What you don’t know is how we have four wonderfully different, yet beautiful kids.

At the age of 21 I gave birth to a perfect 4 pound baby boy, Blake.
He looked just like a tiny cabbage patch doll ! I looked into his eyes and felt a bond that words can not explain, I still feel it every time I see his gentle eyes. Shortly after he was born my husband at the time explained to me that I was not “cool” and no longer a trophy wife that a “Mom” was not what he wanted. We divorced and I worked as a pre- school director to support the two of us.

Then one day in walked Coy with two little guys, 18 months and 3years old, full of energy and ready to be “Mothered”

It took all I could do to stay composed when the 18 month old, blue eyed, boy with a head full of bouncing blonde curls climbed up my leg and into my arms....HE SMELLED LIKE MY SON AND HAD HIS EYES TOO!!! His chubby short arms wrapped around my heart and has not let go in 14 plus years! This is our son Joshua...the one full of love and compassion.

The 3 year old was the leader of the pack so to say. Always thinking and staying a step ahead of the rest! He is the one that made a list for Santa before we met. Coy kept the list it goes like this: Dear Santa (scribble writing) I want a new house, yard with a swing and slide, swimming pool, trampoline and....a Mommy.

Coy explained to his young sons that he was in college working two jobs and just could not buy the things on their list nor could Santa provide such big items in his sleigh.
Then C.J., with his sparkling know it all eyes replied, “We did not ask Santa for these things! We asked GOD! Silly....Santa can’t find us a Mommy.”

One year later Coy and I had married and adopted each others kids. We lived in a very small house with an above ground pool, found a swing set on sale at Wal-Mart and got a phone call out of the blue from a relative wanting to know if we had a use for a used trampoline!!!

Our sons are now 23, 18, 16 and all gifted with different talents and yet they all share a bond, the bond of a family’s love.

This brings our puzzle to the surprise piece God has amazingly fitted into place, Olivia. As Coy explained earlier we suffered years of miscarriages and after I had given up hope of ever holding another baby Olivia made her grand arrival! GRAND is the best way to describe her since Olivia does everything in grand style! She is sooo funny and DRAMATIC! I can’t wait to see her grow with her new sister! Olivia is now 6 years old and her, soon to be sister, Rachel Lian, is 5 years old.

Finding Rachel Lian was not hard at all as Coy explained in his original post. It all happened just that way...we both picked her out of 50 or so photos on the waiting child list. I was not surprised when Coy showed me his picture of her cause that is just how God puts things into place. Rachel Lian’s profile sounds just like Olivia! WHAT HAVE WE DONE!!!!!!

OK, I tend to talk too much. I’m surprised Coy has not hidden the computer from me yet. To sum it up for today, I’m crazy with excitement and can’t work fast enough to find all those outfits with matching bows for two future drama queens!

Can anyone tell me where to find a Chinese baby doll or Barbie type dolls I want Rachel Lian to have dolls reflecting her culture too. Please let me hear your ideas too! -Joy

5 comments:

  1. Hi Joy!

    You know I have a Joy too...our daughter. Today is her birthday! What a sweet story of how God put your family together! And Coy and Joy..how cute!

    What cute outfits!

    And somewhere, somebody had the Chinese barbie dolls...I'll try to find them and let you know!

    We got notice of our LID today...we're excited. We were LID on 1/29/10!

    Hoping you get to your Rachel soon! Nice to "meet" you, Joy!

    Have a great evening,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Joy,
    I SOO enjoyed reading your post, today...we will have much to share assuming we get to travel with you all to China to get our kids!
    My next door neighbor has a little girl form Korea and has the most beautiful Asian baby dolls...I will ask her where she got them and will get back to you!
    Kim Ferland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy,

    I don't know why I didn't remember it, but I checked and the barbie I saw was a Disney Mulan barbie! You can get them at Walmart, Target, Walgreens, even on Ebay.

    My daughter, Joy, has "twin" Asian baby dolls that she bought with her own money a few years ago at a flea market because they reminded her of her older brother. It was a girl and a boy and they were signed, but I've never seen any since. Have you tried googling Asian dolls? Good luck in finding what you're looking for!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joy!
    I wanted to let you know that when you are at the White Swan one of your parting gifts will be an Asian Barbie for Rachel!!! Any news on your TA?
    We hope to meet you in China soon!!!

    Blessings,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Joy,
    I asked my neighbor about the doll...she is checking with her sister-in-law who actually sent it...but in an effort to avoid doing work this evening, I found what looks like her baby doll on this website. She has the "Lots of Love" doll. Prices aren't too bad, either.

    http://www.mandysmoon.com and type in "asian baby doll". They are so cute!...making me wish for a little girl, next!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete